Fantastic sounding Santa Cruz 1934D just into the shop for consignment! We ordered this guitar originally, and sold it when it was new; and we remember it as one of the nicest sounding dreadnoughts we can recall having in the shop in the last several years.
Much like a vintage guitar, it's got a lovely mix of woody power and three-dimensional richness in its voice; and the playability is top-notch as well (this is a really lightweight guitar, and immensely rewarding to sit with for a stretch).
Overall condition is still very clean, but there is one minor top ding (hard to photograph, but you'll find it if you shine a light across the top). Setup for a flatpicker, the action sits at 3/32" under tension of medium gauge strings, but there's plenty of saddle showing should the next owner want lower action. Priced with its original hard case.
- Old-growth Mahogany back & sides
- Old-growth Adirondack Spruce top
- Ebony bridge & fingerboard
- Forward shifted, scalloped bracing
- High gloss lacquer finish
- Hide glue bracing
- Vintage Varnish tinted top
- Dalmatian style pickguard
- 1 11/16" Nut width
- 25.25" Scale length
- 2 3/16" String spacing
- Waverly Tuners
- Original Ameritage hard case