Our latest batch of Martin Custom Shop guitars builds on the Standard Series classic style-18 aesthetic, swapping out the normal Sitka top for high-altitude Swiss Spruce. We turn to Swiss Spruce quite regularly when designing custom Martins: it's a cost-effective upgrade that hugely affects the sound of a guitar without altering the look for folks interested in traditional appointments. If you've been in the market for a 000-18, played one, and thought, "I'd like a little more sparkle and depth," this is the guitar for you. The Swiss Spruce top imparts articulation, punch, and improved response under a flatpick, all while maintaining the signature Martin voice. Priced with hardshell case from Martin.
If you're interested in a slightly smaller, 00-18 inspired variant of this guitar, check out our Custom Shop 00-14 here.
- Model: 000-14 Custom (inspired by Standard Series 000-18)
- Serial No. 2663196
- Materials: Mahogany back & sides, Swiss Spruce top, Ebony fingerboard & bridge
- Finish: High Gloss Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Hardware: Grover Tuners
- Measurements: 1 3/4" Nut width, 24.9" Scale, 2 5/32" String spacing
- Case: Martin hardshell