Our latest Mendocino from Grez Guitars features a killer Brown Sunburst top, TV Jones T-Armond pickups in humbucker-sized mounts, wood pickup rings, an ebony pickguard, MoP fingerboard dots, and a bound body, fingerboard, and headstock, making it one of the more unique Mendocino's we've gotten to date.
Featuring a 1-piece, hollowed out Honduran mahogany body, this Mendocino is remarkably lightweight (4lbs 15oz), balanced, and very alive and resonant. Simply put, this is the kind of instrument that makes you want to play more. It's beautifully made, has a chunky, late-50's Gibson-esq carve with a slinky overall feel, and sounds amazing both unplugged and plugged in.
The T-Armond pickups sound amazing in this guitar, delivering open, airy, killer chime - think Gretsch Duo Jet-ish tones. Plugged into our Carr Rambler, you can easily pull Gretsch-like chime with elements of a great ES-335 mixed in (the design goal of the Mendocino model). With some gain? Classic low-fi swampiness that's incredibly fun and inspiring.
An outstanding guitar that offers a new spin on the award-winning Mendocino (and who can deny the Collings Julian Lage 470 vibes, right?).Priced with a Reunion Blues gig bag.
- Builder: Grez Guitars
- Model: Mendocino
- Serial Number: 2208D
- Weight: 4lbs 15oz
- Materials: Old-growth Redwood (top), Honduran Mahogany, Macassar Ebony, Mother Of Pearl
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, Satin, Brown Sunburst
- Electronics: TV Jones T-Armond pickups (humbucker mounts & wood rings), Vol, Tone, 3-way
Hardware: Grez tail piece, TonePros AVR2 bridge
- Measurements: 25" scale, 13.25" semi-hollow body, 1.75" depth, EVO gold jumbo frets
- Case/Papers: Reunion Blues gig bag, no paperwork