A superbly crafted instrument, this 16" Deluxe model from Mark Campellone offers an elevated take on the traditional archtop jazz guitar platform. For decades Mark has been building exquisite archtops out of his Rhode Island shop, steadily building a reputation as one of today's preeminent archtop luthiers. At this point the cat is out of the bag, as anyone who plays his guitars will readily attest to both the workmanship and the sound.
This guitar is a great example of what we love about Campellone. It all begins with that strong, velvet acoustic voice. One could easily get happily lost playing this guitar unplugged all day. That being said, once you do reach for a cable, that acoustic life translates into a rich, refined amplified sound. Playability is excellent, the short 24.6" scale facilitating easy chording and melody playing alike.
This guitar comes to us preowned, with just minimal fret wear, overall very clean. At thirteen years young, the instrument looks great. A soft patina has developed on the natural-finish spruce top, which mates nicely with the blonde maple neck, back and sides. A great jazzbox for the professional or aspiring aficionado.
Priced with the hardshell case.
- Carved, 3A spruce top
- Carved, 3A figured maple back and sides
- Maple neck
- Venetian cutaway
- 16" lower bout
- 3" body depth
- Ebony fingerboard
- Ebony, full-contact bridge
- Multi-bound top, back, fingerboard and peghead
- Deluxe Series peghead inlay
- 'Keystone’ mother of pearl inlays; dot side markers
- Deluxe Series, gold-plated brass tailpiece with ebony appliqué
- Floating pickup w/ pickguard-mounted volume & tone controls
- Gold Grover tuners with keystone buttons
- 1 11/16" nut
- 24.6" scale
- Hardshell case
- Serial number 3590109