Seriously beautiful Guatemalan Rosewood back & sides take center stage on this excellent sounding 00 45-style Custom, built for the 2015 NAMM show. For this instrument Martin paired a Premium Sitka spruce top to a striking set of figured Guatemalan rosewood. Framed by the 45-style abalone purfling, Quilted Bubinga wood binding replaces the standard ivoroid, adding character and warmth.
This 14-fret 00 is a remarkably versatile guitar. It handles fingerstyle quite well, of course, but this is also a wonderful size for flatpicking under a light or medium attack. The well voiced, responsive top makes for a dynamic playing experience, while the Guatemalan rosewood imparts richness and very nice harmonic complexity. If you are on the hunt for a 45-style, or just a great sounding small-bodied Martin with a unique aesthetic, look no further. This guitar comes to us in very good condition.
Priced with its original Martin hard case.
- Premium Sitka spruce top
- Adirondack spruce braces— scalloped, 1/4" Golden Era spec
- Guatemalan rosewood back & sides
- Quilted Bubinga wood binding
- Style-45 abalone purfling
- Ebony bridge & fingerboard
- Alternate Torch-inspired abalone fretboard inlay
- Slotted headstock
- Alternate Torch headstock inlay
- Bone nut & saddle (16" compound radius)
- Grover tuners
- LR Baggs Anthem pickup
- 24.9" scale length
- 1 3/4" nut width
- 2 3/16" string spacing
- Two-way, adjustable truss rod
- Original case
- Serial number 1889675