MacMull Guitars, based in Israel, have one goal in mind - to make pro-level instruments that help players achieve that unique "spiritual" bond with their instruments. How does one do that exactly? Details, friends. It's all about the details.
We're all chasing after that unique instrument that just feels right in our hands. Some seek this connection in vintage guitars, others in new builds, others still in modern interpretations of what a guitar can be. MacMall has chosen classic designs, namely of the Fender school, to explore this "between the lines" area of guitar magic.
Great attention is paid to the matching of bodies and necks, pickup balance, electronics, etc...things that you wouldn't see or notice at first glance, heck, even at the 2nd or 3rd glance, but you feel and hear them the second you pick this guitar up. Fans of vintage Fenders will know - the neck carve, the look of the 3 tone sunburst finish, the slightly warmer, incredibly balanced MacMull pickups (wired specifically for each guitar they make)....it's all just...right. It feels, looks, and sounds a heck of a lot like an old 60s Strat.
The end result? This is an intoxicating Strat to play - MacMull's goal of connection with the player? Check. It sounds gorgeous plugged in - great balance, clarity, bite (bridge pickup), and "cluck". The neck carve is a highlight...broken in feeling, the perfect balance of slender and slightly chunky, excellent fretwork....
Condition: Near mint. This guitar is gently relic'd (aged) from MacMull and there doesn't appear to be any additional wear. The setup is spot on.
As you can tell, we dig this one. A lot. Just an excellent instrument easily on par with other lauded replica builders working today. In some ways, the MacMull exceeds them. Priced with hardshell case.
- Body Material: Alder (Private Stock)
- Neck Material: One Piece Premium Maple (Private Stock)
- Neck Profile: Macmull Oval C (20.6mm, 1st fret - 24mm 12th fret)
- Fingerboard Material: Madagascar Rosewood (Private Stock)
- Nut width 1.65"
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fret Wire: Jescar 55090 (Dunlop 6105 spec)
- Finish: Three Tone Sunburst
- Headstock Finish: Natural Americana Headstock / Black Silkscreen Logo
- Pickguard Material: 3ply Mint Green (Nitro Sprayed)
- Pickup Covers: Aged White
- Aging: Medium - Hard Relic
- Neckplate Engraving: Standard Macmull Engraving
- Strings: D'addario NYXL .10
- Case: Custom Macmull Hard Case (G&G)
- Weight: 7.43lbs