Those unfamiliar with a MacMull might assume it's just another take on a Fender-style electric. We're here to tell you- this is no derivative.
The Israel-based builder is elevating the game when it comes to bolt-on electrics, taking a high-end luthier approach to their builds. Tonewood and electronics matching yields great dynamics, feel, and response, with high quality hardware and fretwork to maximize playability and functionality.
This 2020 S-Classic comes to us on consignment, and proves to be another stellar example of their Strat-style build. This particular example features one of their larger neck carves, combining the shape of a 60s Strat with the fullness of a fatter 50s tele carve. The pickups (wound specifically for the guitar) are handwound in-house; rich, dynamic Strat tones aplenty, with great clarity and a smooth, musical compression when pushed a bit.
The best Strats sound just as great clean as they do with gain, and this MacMull delivers just that. Having the more modern features of the 6105 frets and 9.5 radius allow for excellent playability all over the neck as well.
Aesthetically, we're seeing a mix of Clapton's "Blackie" and Gilmour's black Strat, with the signature white button tuners we've come to adore on the MacMulls. The NOS finish presents more as an under-the-bed look and less as a relic - super tasteful and comfortable feeling under hand.
MacMulls are rising the ranks alongside Danocaster, Fender Custom Shop, and even Lentz. Simply put, a tremendous instrument that proves a classic design can be improved on with the right approach and commitment to quality.
Condition: Near mint. This guitar is gently relic'd (aged) from MacMull and there doesn't appear to be any additional wear. The setup is spot on.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: One Piece Premium Maple
- Fingerboard Material: One Piece Maple
- Neck Profile: Macmull Thick Oval C (22mm, 1st fret - 24mm 12th fret)
- Neck Width: Standard Spacing: Nut width 42mm, 21th fret 55.6mm
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: Dunlop 6105 Medium Jumbo
- Finish (Pure Nitrocellulose): Blackie
- Headstock Finish: Natural / Black logo
- Pickguard / Accessory kit: Tortoise Shell (4ply), White Pickup Covers and Knobs.
- Aging: NOS (slightly aged)
- MacMull RVT Matched CTS pots
- 5 way, volume, tone, tone
- Luxe Radio Wax Impregnated Paper & Foil .05mF
- Macmull S-Classic Hardware set
- Gotoh bridge
- Kluson tuners
- Weight: Light: 3.25-3.45KG (7.16-7.6 lbs.)