You don't see many Koll Superiors in the wild - in fact, this is the first one we've had pass through the shop. This custom-only model is designed to be the ultimate player's guitar, sporting a slightly tweaked, ultra-comfy Glide body shape (just a touch smaller than a Glide w/smaller upper horns and a deeper cutaway for greater upper fret access).
This iconic Koll Superior, dubbed "Mr. Pink" (Reservoir Dogs anyone?), features a chambered mahogany body with a gorgeous flamed/quilted maple top that's loaded with three fantastic sounding Harmonic Design Z-90s. These are some of our fave pickups, truth be told. Fat, clear, strong...Frisell raved about his and used them on his "Good Dog, Happy Man" record. Pretty good endorsement, no?
A maple set neck with medium D shape carve, 24.625" scale, rosewood fretboard, Tornado-shape headstock with Macassar ebony veneer, pearl logo inlay, and a Hipshot contour bridge/vibrato round out the specs.
Condition: Some very light play wear but overall looks new and is set up beautifully.
Priced with a hardshell case.
- BODY: Chambered Mahogany
- TOP: Flamed quilted maple
- NECK: maple, medium D shape carve
- HEADSTOCK: Macassar ebony veneer, pearl logo inlay
- NUT WIDTH: 1.687" hand-cut unbleached bone
- FINISH: transparewnt red nitro
- BINDING: bound neck, top, headstock
- PICKUPS: Triple Harmonic Design Z-90
- CONTROLS: V-T, five-way switch
- FRETBOARD: Rosewood, 10" to 14" compound radius, pearl thumbs
- FRETS: Jescar .090 x .055 medium jumbo
- TUNERS: Gotoh Kluson style
- SCALE: 24.75"
- BRIDGE: Hipshot contour
- PICKGUARD: Pearloid
- KNOBS: chrome domes
- WEIGHT: 7lbs 3oz
- STRINGS: 10-46
- CASE: Black Custom G&G hardshell