We haven't seen a Koll Super Glide Almighty in quite some time and are thrilled to have this stunning Fiesta Red one on offer! As with many of Saul's guitars, this SGA masterfully blends both elegant and refined looks with a more primal, crank-the-closest-Marshall rock-n-roll soul. From the custom knobs to the block fingerboard inlays, maple pickup surrounds and bridge base, open back Gotoh tuners, and the maple/walnut neck, there's just an endless amount of vibe to bask in.
We absolutely love the neck carve and slinky overall feel. It's a slightly chunky "medium C" carve, and it feels a bit like a cross between a Duo Jet and, say, a Les Paul Special (chunky, but without excessive shoulder). The action is nice and low and the Bigsby works perfectly. It's a loud, resonant, and alive instrument when played acoustically...
Loaded with Fralin humbuckers, this Fiesta Red SGA delivers authoritative, punchy, mid-range drenched tones work really well into both clean and overdriven amps. It's the type of guitar you can push into whatever direction you desire - Chet to Angus, it'll cover a ton of ground easily.
Truthfully, that's one of our favorite things about Saul's guitars - they fit such a wide range of contexts. Anything from trio gigs at an upscale venue all the way to beer-soaked, crowded rock clubs...this guitar would be right at home in either (or both!). Not many guitars will do that with authority, right?
If you're new to Koll, we'd strongly encourage you to check out Saul's guitars. We have no doubt that you'll quickly see why he is so revered in the boutique guitar world. A true artist and master craftsman! Priced with a custom Koll Deluxe G&G case.
- SERIAL NUMBER: 21634
- MODEL: 2021 Koll Super Glide Almighty
- FINISH: Fiesta Red nitro
- BODY: Chambered mahogany
- TOP: Carved maple, F-hole
- NECK: Maple with walnut stringers
- HEADSTOCK: Glide shape, walnut overlay, Koll logo decal
- BINDING: Multi-ply on body, neck
- FRETBOARD: Dark grenadillo
- FRETBOARD INLAYS: Pearl blocks
- FRETS: Jescar 55085
- NUT WIDTH: 1 5/8” hand-cut unbleached bone
- TUNERS: Gotoh open back, gold
- SCALE: 24.625”
- BRIDGE: Gold Bigsby B3, Schroeder TOM, flamed maple base
- PICKUPS: Two gold Fralin humbuckers, custom flamed maple rings CONTROLS: V-V-T with 3-way toggle
- KNOBS: Koll custom, clear
- PICKGUARD: none
- CASE: Koll hardshell
- 7lbs 6oz