We've said it before but it's worth repeating - one of the reasons we love the Super Cub model from Koll Guitar Co. is because it's the type of guitar that reminds us of why we picked up an electric guitar in the first place. Lightweight, resonant and lively, the Super Cub embodies what makes models like vintage Melody Makers so great. Take that vibe and put it into a superbly crafted guitar and you'll get where this guitar is coming from.
The medium C neck is really comfortable and will appeal to a wide range of players (it lives somewhere between a Gretsch Duo Jet and a Les Paul Special). Coupled with the impeccable fretwork, this Super Cub plays beautifully and feels fast and nimble. The Mastery Bridge/Trem works perfectly and really allows for some aggressive trem work for this style of bridge.
The Novak wide-range humbuckers are vintage correct repros of the famed Fender wide range pickups. Delivering more clarity, bite, and dynamic range than Gibson's PAF, this was a brilliant choice for this guitar. It fits the guitar's vibe perfectly and makes this a dream guitar for players who live more in an indie-rock world.
Condition: Near mint.
Great guitars simply make you want to play and before you know it, 45 mins have passed. This is definitely one of those guitars! Priced with hardshell case.
- SERIAL NUMBER: 18566
- MODEL: Super Cub
- FINISH: Dirty Gold Metallic Nitro
- BODY: Solid Alder
- NECK: Mahogany, set neck, medium C shape
- HEADSTOCK: Super Cub shape, Koll logo decal
- BINDING: Single layer[nbsp]binding on neck
- FRETBOARD: Katalox, 10" to 14" compound radius
- FRETBOARD INLAYS: None
- FRETS: Jescar .090 x .055 medium jumbo
- NUT WIDTH: 1.687" hand-cut unbleached bone
- TUNERS: Gotoh Kluson six-on-a-side
- SCALE: 24.75"
- BRIDGE: Mastery bridge and trem
- PICKUPS: Two Curtis Novak Wide Range Humbuckers
- CONTROLS: V-V-T / 3-Way toggle
- KNOBS: Koll custom, aluminum
- PICKGUARD: Mint Pearloid
- WEIGHT: 6lbs 14oz
- STRINGS: 10-46
- CASE: TKL Hardshell