Even with all the beautiful guitars that pass through our shop, some guitars just stop you dead in your tracks when you first see them. This "6120 Orange" NOS HT Thinline is one of those guitars (but that's why you're here, right?).
Tasked with building us a Gretsch-themed NOS HT Thinline, Don nailed all the details we asked for, down to the slightly more red headstock color - just like a vintage Gretsch would have.
Coming in at 6lbs 15oz, this guitar feels great in your hands and balances perfectly on a strap or in a seated playing position. Like all of the Don's guitars, the build is flawless as is the setup. The neck reminds us of a great mid-60s Fender and the fretwork makes for a silky-smooth overall feel.
Plugged in, this NOS Hollow T has great Tele snap, but with added midrange punch and chime courtesy of a set of TV Jones Setzer pickups (these were installed by the previous owner). Anything from clean chicken pickin' to full gain prog sounds awesome on this guitar (seriously). Given it says Grosh on the headstock, the Bigsby works flawlessly.
Condition: Excellent - only light signs of prior ownership are present. The previous owner installed TV Jones Setzer pickups, non-locking tuners, Gretsch knobs, and Callaham Bigsby parts (360 arm bracket, slotted front roller).
A phenomenal guitar that would make a great intro to Don's work, or, confirm what Grosh players already know - Mr. Grosh is simply one of the best builders working today. Priced with hardshell case.
- Mahogany / Flamed Maple Top
- Hollow Tele Thinline body w/scraped binding, including F hole
- 6120 Roundup Orange top / Orange back, gold tinted orange like a vintage Gretsch
- Mahogany neck / Indian Rosewood fretboard
- Flame Maple matched headstock, darker/"browner" like a vintage Grestch
- Gloss Nitro Lacquer
- Medium/Large roundback carve (.85" / .95")
- 10" radius
- 1 5/8" nut width
- 6150 frets
- Bulls Eye, Pearl with Abalone center inlays
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Bigsby w/Tune-O-Matic bridge & Callaham parts
- Non-locking Kluson style tuners
- Plexi Gold pickguard
- Custom rear routed controls and cream control plates
- Gretsch knobs
- TV Jones Setzer pickups
- 3 way toggle, 1 volume, 1 tone
- SN #3917
- 6lbs 15oz