When it comes to modern-day Gibsons, Collector's Choice models represent some of the most authentically built and vintage-correct electrics out there. This 2014 Gibson Custom Collector's Choice #28 Les Paul is based off of the famous Ronnie Montrose STP LP, one of the most notably recorded Bursts out there. As is the case with many of these Collector's Choice builds, they sound, feel, and perform like an R8/R9 and a True Historic on steroids. You just get more of everything.
Beyond the exceptional figured Maple top and Iced Tea fade, this LP has all of the hallmarks of a great sounding Gibson. The Custombuckers have that open, chirpy top end that gives this guitar some great "big single coil" tone and response for cleans, while the midrange punch still remains delightfully intact, providing classic LP power with some gain behind it.
Gibson painstakingly recreated the vibe, wear, finish, and feel of the original in just 300 pieces, making this a very limited build.
Condition: Excellent+. No distinguishable evidence of wear beyond the factory aging. Frets are clean. The original pickups were once pulled for a set of Tom Holmes pickups, but the Custombuckers are back in the guitar and sound fantastic. The original COA is not included.
- 2-Piece Figured Maple top
- 1-Piece Genuine Mahogany body
- 1-Piece Genuine Mahogany neck w/ Rosewood fingerboard
- Aged 'STP' Burst finish, anline dye back and sides
- '59 neck profile: .88" @ 1st fret / .97" @ 12th fret
- Celluloid trapezoid inlays
- Gibson Custombucker pickups
- Lightweight aluminum ABR-1 bridge and stop bar tailpiece
- Weight: 8lb 8oz