Whether it's vintage or new, Gibson's ES-330 always seems to stand out among the crowd of electrics with its lightweight, resonant fully hollow thinline body and sweet sounding P90 pickups.
This 2011 Gibson Custom ES-330 in Vintage Cherry nails the look and feel of those early first-year ES-330s, with a wonderfully carved 50s neck profile, low output P90 pickups, and a Bigsby B7 vibrato tailpiece. The VOS finish has long been a great look on the vintage-inspired models, with a low gloss luster that wears wonderfully with age and play time. It's a very rewarding instrument to play, with great acoustic liveliness that translates wonderfully when plugged into an amp. Dynamic, touch-sensitive, expressive are adjectives that come to mind with these guitars. A notable jazz guitar that also fits perfectly with singer-songwriter types that crave those acoustic qualities with the ability to take things up a notch or two.
Condition: Very Good. This was a gigging musician's guitar, no doubt, with clear signs of play wear throughout. The most obvious wear is down on the treble side surrounding the controls and pickguard, with various nicks, dings, and pick scratches. The original ABR-1 bridge shows some moderate corrosion. There's some contact wear on the back of the body as well as the peghead face. Frets have been recently dressed and show little to no wear. Currently set up with 10-46 strings and medium-low action.
Priced with original black Gibson Custom hardshell case and original COA.
- Model: '59 ES-330 Vintage Cherry VOS
- Serial Number: T0658 1
- Materials: Laminated Maple body, fully hollow; Mahogany neck w/ bound Rosewood fingerboard and dot inlays
- Finish: VOS, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Shape: 50s profile - .88" @ 1st fret / .96" @ 10th fret
- Hardware: Kluson tuners, Gibson ABR-1 bridge, Bigsby B7 tailpiece
- Measurements: 1 11/16" Nut width, 24 3/4" Scale; 6lb 8oz
- Case: Gibson Custom TKL hardshell, black w/ interior shroud