Richie Kotzen's signature Telecaster continues our experience with Fender's signature instruments - meaning, this is a really impressive guitar! Leaning more in a modern / refined direction, this Tele melds beautiful looks with excellent playability and inspiring tones.
Refined is the word that comes to mind, thanks in large part to the satin finished Large C maple neck which sports a 12" radius and 22 jumbo frets. Paired with a beautiful flame maple capped / contoured ash body, a 6 saddle bridge, and Gotoh tuners, this Tele produces a loud, snappy acoustic voice and feels sleek and fast.
Richie chose a DiMarzio Chopper T and Twang King pickup set with a really cool master volume and 2 position series/parallel switch set up (in place of a master tone control). With this pickup combo, you don't miss the tone control as these aren't classic, twangy sounding pickups. The bridge pickup has a great midrange and rounder top end while the neck position conjures Strat neck pickup tones - hollow and round. In the middle position you can access the series/parallel "tone" knob for either Nile Rodgers-esq rhythm tones or a Les Paul-like humbucker tone - very cool!
Condition: Excellent. Aside from a few small indentations on the body, primarily on the back with none going through the finish, and some very, very light fret wear, this Tele shows very few signs of prior ownership.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Body Material: Ash with Flame Maple Laminated Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Large "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Abalone Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Dimarzio DP384 Chopper T
- Neck Pickup: Dimarzio DP173 Twang King
- Controls: Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Series/Parallel Rotary Switch
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Standard Strings-Through-Body Telecaster with Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Cast/Sealed Locking
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Cream
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tips: Barrel Style