Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender's most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance - and in this case, Justin Meldal-Johnsen.
Justin's credits include Beck and Nine Inch Nails, while his production credits include Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, and M83 (among others). JMJ is a shining example of today's breed of multi-genre musician/producers, ever pushing boundaries and inspiring others.
Simply put? This is an incredibly fun bass and outside of a vintage Mustang, our favorite iteration of this model. Featuring an alder body, nitro lacquer, flatwound strings, and a custom Seymour Duncan split single coil, Justin has taken the beloved Mustang to a higher quality place while still keeping the price within reach - a welcome achievement to be sure!
The playability and tones are fantastic. That's really the "magic" of a great Mustang Bass - the short scale and really comfy C shaped neck carve make this a bass that's accessible to both guitarists and bass players alike. Priced with deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard
- Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer (body and neck)
- "C" Shape neck carve
- 9.5" radius
- Aged Pearloid Dots
- 19 frets
- Synthetic Bone nut, 1.625"
- 4-Saddle Mustang Bass Strings-Through-Body bridge
- 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid pickguard
- Standard Open-Gear tuners
- Fender USA 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound strings (.045-.100 Gauges)
- Custom Seymour Duncan Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass pickups
- Master Volume, Master Tone
- Deluxe Gig Bag