The good folks at Willcutt Guitars, with the help of Mike Lewis from the Fender Custom Shop, spec'd out a run of guitars which resulted in this killer '63 Custom Shop Stratocaster.
"The rockabilly days of Buddy Holly were fading in the window of 1963, right before the Beatles ushered in the British invasion, and the 1965 Newport Festival when Dylan recognized the end of the folk boom. Jimi Hendrix played '63 Strats throughout his career and Stevie Ray Vaughans Number One featured a '63 Stratocaster body.
Based on an incredible example of an original 1963 Stratocaster, the guitar served as a muse for anyone that played it. Eliciting sounds of blues and rock and roll from eras past. Featuring a velvety C shaped maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. The sound is similar to the True 62 but with slightly more bite."
Condition: Like new. No fret wear, set up is excellent.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Alder body, sorted for lightweight
- Nitro thin skin lacquer finish
- Riff sawn maple neck
- Round laminate AAA Dark Indian Rosewood fingerboard
- Vintage "clay" dots
- 6105 frets
- 9.5" radius
- 60 Style Oval C neck carve (.790-.930")
- 1.650" nut width
- Heavy Relic neck back finish
- 63-69 Nitro strat pickguard
- 62/63 Handwound pickups
- 5-way switch
- EJ style trem block
- Nickel hardware
- Custom Shop Black hardshell case with "Willcutt Guitars" badge
- 7lbs 4oz
- SN R92768