1957 is considered by many Fender players to be the year for Stratocasters. Some of this might be due to certain changes Fender made in the construction of these guitars - they switched to Alder bodies, ceased using Bakelite parts, started carving the necks with a more pronounced V shape to them, and the finishes were a bit thinner compared to the earlier builds. It likely doesn't hurt that Eric Clapton favored '57 Strats, no doubt sealing their fate as coveted guitars amongst aspiring guitar gods.
Having been lucky to have a pristine '57 Strat in the shop not too long ago, we can say with confidence that the Fender Custom Shop has captured all the nuances that make these '57 guitars so special. The 57 Soft V carve of this gorgeous Aged Shell Pink Strat is a joy to play on, with just enough of a V to help with bending but not so much to cause discomfort for rhythm playing (which is to say - it feels really close to what our real '57 felt like). The aged finish and 'fret ghosting' implies a well-loved, life well-lived vibe that we find inspiring.
Plugged in, the Fat 50s pickups, Fat 50's wiring and 5-way switch deliver classic 50s Strat tones. Beautiful, glassy cleans with a bit of Tele bite and Twang along with bluesy overdriven tones can be pulled from this guitar with ease. Classic stuff.
If you're looking to capture some of the magic a great '57 Strat is famous for, without selling your car to get into it? This is your guitar. Priced with hardshell case, CoA, case candy.
- Builder: Fender Custom Shop
- Model: LTD '57 Stratocaster
- Serial Number: CZ561059
- Weight: 7lbs 9oz
- Materials: 2-Piece Alder, Maple
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, Aged Shell Pink, Journeyman Relic
- Neck Shape: 57 Style Soft V, .85-.99
- Electronics: Hand-wound Fat 50s pickups (middle reverse wound), Fat 50s wiring, 5-way
- Measurements: 25 1/2" scale, 1.65" bone nut, 9.5" radius, 6105 frets
- Case/Papers: Fender hardshell, CoA, case candy