1958 was the final year of the original one-piece maple neck before Leo Fender switched to a glued-on “slab” rosewood fingerboard, which significantly changed the look and tone of Fender instruments. Many players swear by the one-piece maple for its tone and stability, which is what makes 1958 such a sought-after year for the Strat.
This ’58 Strat is a nod to that year in all its glory, with several custom mods. A two-piece select alder body features a Journeyman lacquer finish, while the resonant one-piece quartersawn maple neck has very comfortable '59 Esquire profile (.79-.97), 7 1/4"-9 1/2" fingerboard compound radius, and 21 45085 'Vintage Upgrade' frets.
Custom Shop hand-wound ’50s pickups are wired to a 5-way switch in a Volume, Tone (neck), and tone (bridge) configuration. Other features include a single-ply eggshell pickguard, Custom Shop vintage synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Builder: Fender Custom Shop
- Model: '58 Stratocaster
- Serial Number: CZ118819
- Weight: 7lbs 8oz
- Materials: 2-Piece Alder, Maple
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, 3 Tone Sunburst, Joureyman Relic Level
- Neck Shape: '59 Esquire C, .79-.97"
- Electronics: Custom Shop '50s Strat Pickups
- Measurements: 25 1/2" scale, 1.65" bone nut, 7 1/4-9 1/2" radius, 45085 'Vintage Upgrade' frets
- Case/Papers: Fender hardshell, CoA, case candy
- 7lbs 8oz