Recognized for his incredible funk chops and inventive lead work, guitarist, producer, and arranger Cory Wong’s soulful playing with Vulfpeck, as well as his Grammy-nominated solo work have earned him a loyal following and led to sold-out arena performances. The Cory Wong Stratocaster is a tribute to Cory’s favorite Fender, thoughtfully modified to meet the funk master’s needs.
The Sapphire Blue Transparent satin lacquer finish recreates the look and feel of Cory’s beloved original Strat, while the scaled-down alder body – slightly smaller than a typical Stratocaster – combined with American Ultra Modern “D” neck and sculpted body contours deliver a sublimely comfortable playing experience. A set of Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine pickups provides classic Strat quack and chime, fine-tuned to achieve his distinctive tone.
Other features include a maple neck with subtly modified headstock shape, rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges and a compound 10-14” radius, vintage-style 6-screw synchronized Tremolo, deluxe locking tuners that provide improved tuning stability and easy string changes, and a push/push pot on Tone 2 that bypasses the 5-way switch and defaults to "Position 4". Also included are a Cory Wong hair tie (for muting the tremolo springs to achieve Cory’s rhythm tone), rubber straplock washer set and custom neck plate.
- Alder body
- Satin Lacquer, Sapphire Blue Transparent
- Maple neck/Rosewood fingerboard, satin urethane finish
- 10" to 14" Compound Radius
- Modern "D" carve
- 22 frets
- Bone nut, 1.68"
- 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- 4-Ply White Pearloid pickguard
- Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine Custom Stack Plus pickup (bridge), Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine Single Coil pickup (middle and neck)
- 5-way, Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1 (Neck Pickup), Tone 2 (Bridge Pickup)
- Custom wiring: Push/Push on Tone 2 Bypasses 5-Way Switch and Defaults to Position 4
- .010-.046 strings
- Hardshell case