A period of change, both for Fender and for pop culture as a whole, the 1960s saw the Strat mellow slightly as it grew up. The white pickguard was updated to mint green, and the fingerboard was switched from the original maple to rosewood, adding a smoother note to the Strat’s clear, articulate voice.
The American Original ‘60s Stratocaster keeps these refinements intact while adding modern feel and pickup switching to the iconic instrument that helped birth guitar rock as we know it.
- Alder body, Gloss Lacquer finish
- Maple neck, Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Round-Lam Rosewood fingerboard
- Thick "C" carve
- 9.5" radius
- 1.650" bone nut
- White Pearloid Dots
- Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- 3-Ply Mint Green guard, Aged White plastics
- Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat pickups
- Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Vintage-Style Hardshell