Is your screen smoking yet?!?
This brand new Collings SoCo Deluxe in Scarlett Sunburst recently made its way into the shop, and the specs are on fire!
The classy single-cut semi-hollowbody features some of our favorite appointments on a Collings electric, combining aesthetic touches of the Eastside LC Deluxe with its hollowbody thinline cousin, the I-30LC. Tortoise binding throughout with an elegant black/white purfling provide a sleek outline to an amazing Scarlett Sunburst finished top, which presents quite the dynamic look atop the figured maple. Ebony knobs and matching tuner buttons tie into the darker edge of the burst as well as the binding, allowing the body woods to take center stage.
The custom-spec dot inlays and trapeze tailpiece speak to a slightly more vintage-inspired approach here, giving an appropriate nod to that ES-330 lineage. The semi-hollow construction and pair of Lollar Low Wind Imperial humbuckers push the guitar's tonality into a more focused and punchy direction, but that aforementioned trapeze tailpiece yields a slightly softer, airier response than the more conventional stoptail.
Whether you are more of a jazz standards player, or, you like to play blues or rock through an overdriven amp, like a great ES-335, the SoCo can hang in all of these contexts with ease.
Priced with hard case.
- Hand-selected figured maple top over semi-hollow mahogany body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Tortoise top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Black/white purfling
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Lollar Low Wind Imperial Humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Ebony knobs
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge
- Trapeze tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Serial No. SOCO21674
- Approx. 7lbs