One of our favorite models from our friends at Collings - the hollow-body I-30 LC - gets the mod treatment via a set of Throbak SLE101 + humbuckers. Typically loaded with P90s, the humbuckers are definitely contributing some extra muscle, midrange, and attack.
The full body Olive Drab finish suits the silhouette in such a classy way, with great contrast between the black plastics and the ivoroid binding. This "custom color" isn't necessarily traditional, but it does embody a classic look that just plain fits, especially when it's applied by some of the most talented instrument finishers in the industry. The aged treatment also looks great on this one, with more nickel by way of those aged humbucker covers to play off of the finish and the plastics.
Want some semi-hollow flavor in a lightweight hollow body package? How about some acoustic qualities mixed with some PAF power? If so, then this is the guitar for you.
Price includes hardshell case.
- Fully hollow w/ parallel trestle braces
- Maple laminate body/top, Plain Top
- Honduran mahogany neck w/rosewood fingerboard
- Kluson ABR-1 bridge
- Collings original tailpiece
- 1 11/16" nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Extra long mortise & tenon neck joint
- Medium 18% nickel-silver frets
- Ebony headstock veneer w/ MOP Collings Logo
- Throbak SLE101+ humbuckers
- 50s style wiring
- 12" radius
- Ameritage Deluxe hardshell case
- Serial No. I30LC22591