This isn't just deep blue something. It's deep blue everything.
This City Limits Deluxe has all the features the top-of-the-line Collings solidbody is used to sporting- quilted maple top, ivoroid binding, truss rod cover, tuner buttons, and knobs, deluxe peghead inlay and deluxe fretboard inlays, and the ever-toneful Throbak humbuckers.
Here's where things get even more "deluxe"...
That masterfully talented finish team at Collings has blown this one out of the water, pun fully intended. This CL Deluxe has gotten the full Mermaid Blue finish treatment, with a stunning and three dimensional finish bursting through the quilted top like a tidal wave. Shades of blue and green fade in and out of the deep quilt figuring on the top, following suit on the sandy deep surf hued mahogany back and sides. Its unique and eye-catching looks are matched by the stellar sounding Throbak ER MXV pickups, copping some of the most authentic PAF tones available.
If you were waiting for a true standout CL Deluxe to come along, this is the one for you.
- Premium quilt top over mahogany body and neck
- High gloss Mermaid Blue nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Ivoroid bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo and parallelogram inlay
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Dual Throbak ER Custom MXV humbuckers
- Kluson ABR-1 Bridge and Tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Ivoroid knobs
- Serial No. CL201367
- Approx 8lbs