Simply put, guitars really don't get nicer than this Jet Black CL in both looks and build quality. To say this is a Les Paul style guitar really doesn't begin to sum it up. Sure, it's that recipe - mahogany body, maple top, humbuckers, short-scale - but this is a much more elegant and refined version of an LP-style guitar. It's simply in another league altogether.
Tonally, the Throbak ER-MXV's have great midrange but are always clear and open sounding. The bridge pickup almost has an ES-335 like bark and bite while the neck sounds woody, warm, and round. A great combo to be sure - fitting for a guitar like this. "Expanded" Les Paul tones to match the "expanded" visuals.
Players looking for the ultimate, spare-no-expense LP-style guitar would be wise to check this City Limits out - you won't be disappointed! Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium quilt top over mahogany body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Parallelogram inlays, fingerboard and headstock
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Dual Throbak ER Custom MXV humbuckers
- Serial No. CL211409