The Collings 290 DC features a slab mahogany body, short-scale, and a set of gorgeous sounding Lollar P90 pickups. All the stripped down elegance and tone that made the original Gibson LP Juniors and Specials so great has been taken to a more refined place with the "Collings treatment".
Looking to capture of bit of the late '50s P90 magic? The Lollar P90s get you really close while dialing back the midrange just a touch which makes them sound a little more open. The bridge P90 has a killer, almost Tele-like twang with a more pronounced midrange bite - not surprising to hear for anyone familiar with a great P90. The neck pickup is round and warm though it still retains a really nice top-end response - articulate without being sterile. Beautiful stuff!
This eye-catching 290 is priced with Ameritage hardshell case from Collings!
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- Black pickguard
- Ivoroid neck binding
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Lollar P90s
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- Mojoaxe Wrap Tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. 290DC21471