This gorgeous Collings Charcoal Frost 290 DC features a mahogany slab body, short-scale and -- in this case -- Throbak P90 pickups. All the stripped down elegance and tone that made the original Gibson LP Juniors and Specials so great taken to a more refined place.
The bridge P90 has a killer, almost Tele-like twang with a more pronounced midrange bite - not surprising to hear for anyone familiar with a great P90. The neck pickup is round and warm though it still retains a really nice top-end response - articulate without being sterile.
If you're in the market for a slab-bodied, twin P90 guitar, you should put this gorgeous Charcoal Frost 290 at the top of your list. Priced with hardshell case.
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- Tortoise pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Throbak '52/'54 P90s
- 1950s style wiring scheme
- Mojoaxe Wrap Tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Serial No. 290DC22505