Collings describes their 001 as being a "modern guitar, but one that appears rooted in an earlier, simpler time", and we certainly agree - this 12-fret 00 hearkens straight back to the small-bodied guitars that first appeared around the time of the Civil War. This particular model comes with some wonderful upgrades, with an Adirondack spruce top and beautifully figured, autumn-red sinker mahogany back and sides. The comfortable sizing and short scale make it an easy-playing guitar, perfect for vocal accompaniment and fingerpicked solo pieces. Priced with TKL hard case.
Please note: The nut width on this guitar is 1 3/4" - not Collings' standard for 001s of 1 13/16".
- Adirondack spruce top
- Sinker mahogany back and sides
- 1 3/4" nut width
- 24 7/8" scale length
- 2 3/16" string spacing at bridge
- Ebony bridge and fingerboard
- Pre-war scalloped X-bracing in Sitka spruce
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck with modified V profile
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- TKL hardshell case
- Serial No: 31059