Good heavens, the touch, the dimensionality, that perfect drive! Clark is a renowned name in amp circles, known for building some of the finest tweed reproduction amplifiers available today.
His Tyger offers everything we love about the classic 3x10 Bandmaster, with the addition of a lush, tube-driven reverb with mix, dwell, and tone controls for dialing in just the right sense of space. Single-coil pickups and humbuckers alike sound great through this amp. Clean tones are big, round, with a very nice, vocal midrange. As expected, the overdriven tones are to die for: rich, 3D, with a wide spectrum of gain colors available.
Clark's superb attenuator will dial back the output 3, 6, or 9 db for taming the Tyger in home settings. This amp has been maintained at home by the previous owner and comes to us in excellent-plus condition–nary a scratch on the tweed.
With original Bandmaster amps prices rising into the stratosphere, Clark's Tyger delivers that big vintage tweed experience, and more, in a reliable, top-shelf modern amplifier.
Per Clark's website:
- 35 watts, 5E7 circuitry;
- Normal and Bright channels, with common bass, treble and presence controls;
- Clark's custom wound voltage corrected power transformer. No harsh tone robbing high voltages;
- Clark's custom-wound interleaved windings output transformer. Superb deep piano string bottom, with high end extension to give it that classic 5E7 acoustic quality;
- Tube compliment one NOS 5U4, two 6L6GC JJ, two 12AX7's JJ and one JJ 12AY7
- Features three Weber Alnico 10A125, P10Q style 10" speakers. These are spot on replicas of the original Jensen P10Q's, that are prized in this amp. Their tone is accurate to the originals;
- All Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors;
- Jupiter or So Zo vintage Astron replica capacitors—These caps really nail the tone of the original Astrons. Sprague electrolytics in the correct values for correct power supply ratings;
- Includes one-button footswitch for the reverb;
- Includes amplifier cover.