Carr Telstar CreamRegular price $2,690.00
What does this mean in plain terms? Put simply, you have the best of both worlds - the chime and gain of a EL84 and the girth and depth of a 6L6. Rated at 17 watts, we found the Telstar to have the perfect amount of volume for both home playing (thanks to a variable attenuator) and small club gigs. It can get loud, but never unreasonably so.
The Lean/Lush switch tailors the body of the tone, while the 53/58 switch changes the overall gain structure - and - the frequencies the tone control emphasizes. It sounds fantastic with humbuckers, single-coils, or P90s and there's a huge range of both clean and overdriven tones. We should also mention that the reverb circuit sounds incredible - deep, lush, capable of getting washy, but it always sits perfectly with the core tone and never overpowers it.
The Telstar offers incredible versatility - and of course, tone - for both home players and gigging players. A brilliant amp to be sure. Check it out!
- 17 Watts full output
- 6L6 (stock) plus EL84 power tubes together in push-pull Class A
- Use any octal power tube with the EL84 without re-biasing
- 53/58 switch - round early 50s Fullterton to proto British Hod Rod
- Lush/Lean switch - tight to rich bass
- All tube reverb
- Build-in variable attenuator 17 watts down to zero
- Mid Century Midrange
- Extended range one knob tone control
- Early 60s thin wall space age cabinet
- Custom 'Valiant' speaker