We've gotta tip our hat to the good folks at Wildwood Guitars in Colorado. For years now, they've been teaming up with Gibson to produce some extremely cool guitars based on their shop's ideas/specs. This '60 Les Paul reissue is one of those guitars, and the results are spectacular.
Confession? When we look for a great Les Paul, we tend to default to either a '58 or '59 reissue. Creature of habit, we suppose. This 1960 Reissue was a firm 'smack-to-the-head" reminder that we shouldn't be overlooking this iconic model in our search for LP bliss. Known for their slender "Slim Taper" necks, the 1960 Les Paul's neck is certainly a reminder of how fun, and comfortable, a slim neck profile can be. This particular neck comes in around .80" at the 1st fret and .95" at the 12th fret, btw.
Utilizing hide glue and custom wound Wildwood Spec Custombuckers, this WW Spec LP sounds fantastic! Great low end punch, midrange growl, and a sweet and articulate top end...it's everything you would want to hear in a great Les Paul. Classic "Tele on steroids" stuff here.
Condition: Near mint. Few, if any, signs of prior ownership are present.
Priced with original hardshell case and CoA.
- Wildwood Spec 1960 Les Paul Standard
- Vintage Cherry Burst, gloss
- Maple w/hide glue fit top
- Mahogany body, no weight relief
- Mahogany neck
- Indian Rosewood, hide glue fit
- 12" radius
- 1960 Slim Taper neck carve, .80-.95"
- Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid inlays
- 24 3/4" scale length
- 1.69" nut width
- 22 Medium Jumbo frets
- Wildwood Spec Custombuckers
- CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Nickel hardware
- No-Wire ABR-1 bridge
- Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar tailpiece
- Kluson Single Line, Double Ring tuners
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch case
- 8.84 lbs
- SN 01793