There are cool Fender Custom Shop guitars, and there are cool Fender Custom Shop guitars. Take, for instance, this '51 Nocaster reissue which is putting off some serious Keith Richards vibes, no?
Loaded with a SH-55 Seth Lover humbucker in the neck position and a hand-wound Crushed Blackguard Tele bridge pickup, this beautifully aged Tele is lightweight, balances perfectly, and sounds fantastic. It's super resonant and alive, and really captures the feel and playability of a great early 50s Tele.
The aged rift-sawn maple neck feels amazing to play on - gently broken in feel, perfectly installed 6105 frets, and a 10/56 V carve (one of our faves) insure an authentic feel without being clubby or cumbersome to play on.
Another fantastic example of why we believe the Fender Custom Shop is at the top of their game! Priced with hardshell case, CoA, case candy.
- Builder: Fender Custom Shop
- Model: '51 Telecaster
- Serial Number: R123755
- Weight: lbs oz
- Materials: 2-Piece Ash, Maple
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, Aged Butterscotch, Heavy Relic
- Neck Shape: 10/56 V, .91-.99
- Electronics: SH-55 Seth Lover humbucker (neck), Crushed Blackguard Tele (bridge), 3-way, Dual Stack controls (optimized for hum and single coil)
- Measurements: 25 1/2" scale, 1.65" bone nut, 9.5" radius, 6105 frets
- Case/Papers: Fender hardshell, CoA, case candy