The New Collings "Traditional" appointment package reflects a desire to get back to the great building techniques of the 1930's. The first thing you notice when picking up this OM1A Traditional is how light it is -- shockingly so, compared to your average Collings OM. It's effortlessly responsive, with a huge and loose-feeling low end (again, a noticeable departure from a standard OM with an Adirondack top). This guitar fills a room with sound, and possesses more than enough power for any dreadnought player looking for that elusive, satisfying small bodied guitar to dethrone their main guitar. Priced with TKL hard case.
Photos feature model currently in stock; video features a previously sold model.
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Animal protein glue
- Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped bracing
- Extra thin high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Ebony fingerboard, belly-style bridge & peghead overlay
- Traditional neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 1 3/4" bone nut and cutthrough saddle
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- TKL hardshell case
- Serial No. 32445