Thinline Telecasters have long been one of our favorite Fender guitars. They're incredibly lightweight, responsive, and fatter / puncher sounding than their solid-body brethren (which we also love dearly).
This aged natural Custom Shop '69 Thinline features a gorgeous 2-piece hollow Ash body and maple neck. We found the 60s Oval C carve, along with a 9.5" radius, to be immediately comfortable. It's a carve we believe a wide range of players will be right at home on.
Plugged in, we were immediately knocked out by its throaty, punchy growl combined with a beautiful, sweet top-end. It's a bit like a solid-body, P90 equipped guitar crossed with a solid-body Tele. It sounds really good played clean to be sure, but when we nudged the volume up a bit on the amp (okay, a lot)...killer grind that instantly had us smiling.
If it's been a bit since you last played a Thinline we think you'll be mighty impressed with the ones Fender's Custom Shop is producing these days. Dare we say...magical? Priced with hardshell case.
- Builder: Fender Custom Shop
- Model: '69 Telecaster Thinline
- Serial Number: CZ562564
- Weight: 6lbs 3oz
- Materials: 2-Piece Ash, Maple
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, Natural Journeyman Relic
- Neck Shape: '60's Oval C neck carve, .85-.92
- Electronics: Custom Shop hand-wound '67 pickups, Vol, Tone, 3-way
- Hardware: Vintage-style Fender tuners, 3-Saddle Vintage-style Tele w/slotted steel saddles
- Measurements: 25 1/2” scale, 1.65” bone nut, 9.5" radius, 6105 frets
- Case/Papers: Fender hardshell, CoA, case candy