Far from a rehashed Les Paul, the City Limits elevates this legendary style to a far more elegant and refined place, especially when built with a master grade quilt top and exposed bobbin Throbak pickups.
The neck carve feels like a cross between a late 50s Les Paul and an early 60s - Collings calls it a medium-fat C. Combined with flawless fretwork, it's extremely comfortable and the overall feel is luxurious and smooth. It's an addictive feel to be sure.
The tones are open and dynamic, but always muscular like a great LP-style guitar should be. Beautiful, clear cleans coupled with sweet, midrange-drenched overdriven tones...the combo of a Collings build and Throbak's phenomenal sounding ER-MXV with exposed black bobbins ensures you can easily cover a lot of ground.
Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium quilted[nbsp]maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Grained ivoroid top/neck/peghead binding
- Black/White top purfling[nbsp]
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl parallelogram fingerboard inlays
- Custom ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs
- Dual Throbak ER-MXV[nbsp]humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio