Not sure if we should feel blessed or cursed to be the first to lay our eyes on this one.
Here we have an absolutely killer City Limits featuring the indomitable Aged Oxblood finish. Outfitted with a pair of Lollar P90 pickups - a Staple P90 in the neck and a standard P90 in the bridge, to be exact - this is a CL that represents the best of the classic mid 50s Gibson 'Black Beauty' LP Custom all wrapped up in a stunningly refined package.
This particular iteration sports a non-contoured slab mahogany body while shedding the maple top in favor of that traditional single-cut 'hog LP vibe. One might notice a slight difference in the top end without that maple, but the result is an equally pleasing bump in the low mids and midrange that seems to pair wonderfully with the clarity and bite of a great set of P90s.
If you've long dreamed of finding that City Limits with a bit more vintage feel, look, and tone combined with a uniquely awesome finish, it'd be hard to pass this one up!
Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium mahogany body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Aged Oxblood finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo and parallelogram inlays
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Lollar P90 Pickups (Staple P90 in the neck, standard P90 in the bridge)
- Kluson ABR-1 Bridge and Tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. CL201384
- Approx 8lbs