Here's a little bit of something old, something new, some classic stylings borrowed, and something Lake Placid Blue.
The first of our 'New Vintage' models has rolled through from fabled luthier Laurent Brondel, and this one pulls no punches.
Brondel's 'New Vintage' guitars are exactly that- a custom-spec bolt-neck electric featuring a combination of curated vintage parts and Laurent's own guitar bodies, married together to deliver an exceptional guitar that has tone and vibe to spare.
This particular instrument- which we'd consider a variant of Brondel's HCDC Hybrid, features an aged Lake Placid Blue finish over an alder body, a pair of original late 1970s Fender Stratocaster pickups in the neck and middle positions, and a 1975 Fender Telecaster bridge pickup in the bridge position. The Bigsby Telecaster bridge with an accompanying modified Bigsby B5 features a Jazzmaster bridge base and brass telecaster saddles. An original 1966 Fender Coronado neck showcases that wonderfully broken-in vintage feel with the added benefit of a refret for ultimate playability.
Sonically, the vintage pickups represent their respective solidbody vessels quite well, yielding some nice bright, fat, and chimey tones in the neck and middle positions with some added fatness, snap, and authority in the bridge position. The guitar highlights some of the best qualities of each classic bolt-on Fender without taking on some of the quirks that often steer players in one direction or another.
There's something special about having the touch of a world-class luthier put together an interesting instrument that feels familiar but offers up so much more. It's a unique and welcomed approach, something we've become accustomed to in working with Laurent. There's no shortage of excitement on our end, and we're pretty sure your experience will parallel that.
Price includes G&G hardshell case.
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Aged Lake Placid Blue
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1966 Fender Coronado, maple with east indian rosewood fingerboard, original neck plate with matching Lake Placid Blue headstock
- Neck Profile: .860” @ 1st fret to .880” @ 12th fret
- 7.25" FB radius, Jescar 55090 nickel silver fret wire
- Pickups: Neck/Middle - Late 70s Stratocaster pickups, Bridge - 1975 Telecaster pickup
- Electronics: Original 1970s pots
- Aged cream pearloid pickguard
- Bridge: Bigsby B5 (modified for faster string changes) w/ Jazzmaster bridge base and brass Telecaster saddles
- Kluson replica tuning machines
- Weight: Approx 7.5 lbs