TME regulars will know that our photographers (Andy and Steven) take incredible pics. As good as these pics are, this guitar will knock you out when you see it in person. What an incredibly sexy Aged Candy Apple red, in conjunction with the chrome accents, and aged pickguard... it causes the same reaction you have when you see a beautifully preserved car from the 50s or 60s roll by you on the highway. Classic. Timeless. Beautifully designed.
The LTD '61 Tele embodies all that we love about rosewood fingerboard Telecasters. From the dark rosewood board w/clay dots, to the comfy Oval C neck carve, its ability to cover pretty much any genre, to the classic bright, articulate tone...this model leaves us wanting nothing. Hence why Tele's have stood the test of time and are as powerful and inspiring as they were when first manufactured in the early 50s.
Fender's Custom Shop brilliantly captures all the nuances the sought-after vintage guitars embody. Having been lucky to have had our hands on a lot of incredible vintage examples, we can say without hesitation that these Custom Shop guitars are the real deal, as good as a boutique build, and damned close to capturing the magic of the old ones.
Sound too good to be true? Try one, we think you'll agree. Priced with hardshell case.
- Builder: Fender Custom Shop
- Model: LTD '61 Telecaster
- Serial Number: CZ561725
- Weight: 7lbs 9oz
- Materials: 2-Piece Alder, Maple, Rosewood
- Finish: Nitrocellulose, Candy Apple Red, Relic
- Neck Shape: 60's Oval C, .79-.93
- Electronics: Hand-wound Twisted Tele pickup (neck), OBG pickup (bridge), Vol, Tone, 3-way, Modern Tele wiring w/Greasebucket circuit
Hardware: Fender, compensated brass saddles
- Measurements: 25 1/2" scale, 1.65" bone nut, 6105 frets
- Case/Papers: Fender hardshell, CoA, case candy