The Ellis' "Reserve" designation denotes their finest private-stock tonewoods. That sounds about right, as someone had to reach way up on the top shelf to grab the mesmerizing maple used for this one! An aesthetically beautiful instrument, The A5 Reserve delivers all the sonic goodness to match. Step-for-step in build quality as Ellis' lauded F models, this A5 Reserve captures all of that Ellis tone in an elegant teardrop design. The addition of custom, Weldon Lister-engraved James tailpiece further elevates what is an already lofty A model.
Priced with Calton case.
- Adirondack spruce top
- One-piece, Sugar maple back
- Varnish finish
- Tortoise, triple-bound top, back, fingerboard, peghead
- Ebony headstock overlay w/ torch inlay
- Ebony fingerboard, bridge and bound pickguard
- Steve Smith Diamond wire PH inlay
- Weldon Lister-engraved
, James tailpiece in gold
- Waverly tuners in gold, w/ ebony buttons
- EVO gold fretwire
- Calton case
- Serial No. 573