The Hamer Newport model is perhaps one of the best values in a modern USA-made hollowbody electric. This early 2000s Newport proves just how good Hamer builds can be, offering up some serious tonality and feel with a unique aesthetic that stands on its own among the likes of Gibson, Gretsch, etc.
Finished in a striking Orange Sparkle, this 2001 build also features a beautifully dark Ebony fingerboard and an original set of Seymour Duncan Phat Cat humbucker-sized single coil pickups. The carved Spruce top and fully hollow Mahogany body touch on some of the resonant qualities of an ES-330, but with more pseudo-archtop sensibility in its dynamic response. The compact body size is super comfortable as well.
Condition: Excellent. Light signs of use for a 20+ year old guitar. Light fret wear on the original frets along with some light patina on the hardware. Currently set up very well with excellent and smooth playability with the Bigsby.
Price includes original hardshell case.
- Carved Mahogany body
- Carved Spruce top w/ Ivoroid binding
- Medium C/D neck profile: .85" @ 1st fret / .93" @ 12th fret
- Mahogany neck with bound Ebony fingerboard
- Custom Shop Seymour Duncan Phat Cat P90 pickups
- Volume, Tone, 3-way toggle switch
- Grover Super Rotomatic tuners
- Nashville Tun-o-matic bridge
- Bigsby Tailpiece
- Weight: 7lb 3oz