The Aurora is an analog bucket-brigade flanger that gives you a powerful 5-mode modulation bus with 2 LFOs, 2 tape emulations, and a static comb filter. This provides several shades of flange, vibato, chorus, phase, and filtery spatial effects with the lush sound of an analog signal path.
The inclusion of a dedicated wet/dry MIX control gives you acute tonal control, while manually actuated TAPE modulation, and interruptible LFOs open up new avenues of in-the-moment expressiveness. Let your imagination coast across the neon sky.
The modulation bus of the Aurora consists of three types of modulation: Two LFO modes, two tape modes, and one unswept comb filtering mode. Add shimmer and movement with shallower WIDTH and MIX settings. Crank up the REGEN, WIDTH, and RANGE and careen into deep rhythmic sweeps.
- VOLUME - Unity gain is roughly at noon, and a moderate boost of 6dB is possible at maximum.
- MIX - Full control over wet/dry blend. This dramatically increases the utility of the Aurora by opening up subtler and more extreme tones.
- REGEN - The staple jet sound maker. This control feeds a portion of the output signal back into the input for exaggerated resonant, robotic, or swooshy effects.
- MODE - Five modulation modes are available: LFO 1, TAPE 1, LFO 2, TAPE 2, and COMB; each with their own unique attributes. See the tables for a more in depth coverage of each mode.
- WIDTH - This is the main depth control of the modulation. It sets how wide the sweep is by controlling how much of the total delay time is modulated.
- RATE • ↑ - Controls the speed of the modulation in LFO 1 & TAPE 1 modes. In LFO 2 & TAPE 2 modes it controls the RISE time. Sets the static delay time in COMB filter mode.
- RANGE • ↓ - Controls which portion of the delay time is modulated in LFO 1 & TAPE 1 modes. In LFO 2 & TAPE 2 modes it controls the FALL time of the modulation. Sets a secondary static delay time in COMB filter mode.
- TRIG Footswitch - Multi-function footswitch for use with the modulation bus. See the tables for a more in depth coverage of its usage in each mode.
- BYPASS Footswitch - True-bypass soft-touch relay switching to engage and disengage the effect.