If you were to look up "Envelope Filter" in the gear dictionary, a picture of the Musitronics Mu-Tron III would be staring back at you. Perhaps one of the most pioneering effects pedals in existence, the Mu-Tron III was an instant favorite in the Funk and R&B world and beyond. Jerry Garcia is famously associated with the Mu-Tron III as well as Bootsy Collins and Stevie Wonder.
Envelope functionality is controlled by three distinct modes (Low Pass, Band Pass, and High Pass) while using the Peak and Gain controls to tweak cutoff frequency and sensitivity of the input signal, respectively. Additional toggle/rocker switches further adjust envelope behavior, including sweep and frequency range.
This particular unit is the cleanest one we've ever come across - borderline museum quality condition. It comes with its original power supply unit (equally as clean) and works perfectly.
Original units in this kind of shape are few and far between, so if you've been looking for a quality example of a Mu-Tron III, look no further.
- Mode (LP/BP/LP) selects the type of filter: Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass
- Peak Controls volume of the cutoff frequency
- Gain adjusts the filter’s sensitivity to the signal of your instrument
- Range (Low/High) selects the frequency range covered by the filter envelope
- Down/Up selects the direction of the filter sweep: down or upwards
- Power (Off/On) switches the power on or off