Hot on the heels of the D-28 "Custom Authentic" models, we're excited to welcome our first D-18 "Custom Authentic" into the fold.
This powerhouse of a guitar will delight Martin dreadnought fans who've long wondered, "Why don't they make the D-18 Authentic 1937 anymore?" Well, thanks to the Martin Custom Shop's new 'Expert Authentic' program, we've brought it back!
This guitar is, essentially, a D-18A 1937, with the addition of an adjustable truss rod and a VTS top. Authentic bracing and top thickness. Full hide glue construction. Vintage low gloss finish. And the chunky, full thickness neck inspired by the original run of D-18A 1937 guitars (a significant part of the sound, of you ask us).
We're delighted to report the sound is everything we'd hoped it would be: the voice is wide-open and woody, with booming low end, fantastic crackle in the midrange, and the singing, fat trebles that characterize great old D-18s. An exciting development from the Martin Custom Shop, and a most welcome addition to our showroom! Priced with Custom Shop hard case from Martin.
- Mahogany back & sides
- VTS Adirondack Spruce top
- VTS Adirondack Spruce bracing, Authentic Pattern, 5/16" scalloped
- Genuine Mahogany neck, Custom 1937 Barrel & heel
- Full Hide Glue construction
- Vintage Low Gloss finish
- Ebony fingerboard & 1930 style belly bridge
- Bone nut & saddle
- Old Style 18 select abalone fingerboard dots
- Authentic headstock decal
- 1 3/4" nut width
- 25.4" Scale length
- 2 5/16" String spacing
- Waverly Tuners
- Custom Shop hardshell case (5-ply, 545V Harptone)
- Serial No. 2499862