When one pickup is enough, there are few that do it better than an original 1950s Gibson Les Paul Junior.
This 1959 Gibson Les Paul Junior Doublecut is the second generation of Gibson's Junior style solidbody, following the single-cut Junior that kicked off the student Les Paul model in 1954. The Doublecut offers superior upper-fret access with a slim waist and larger lower bout that provides great balance.
This is a fabulous example in every way. A recent refret and replaced nut along with the installation of a Joe Glaser designed MusicCity "Stud Finder" wraparound bridge elevate playability to new heights, with superior intonation and sustain. It's a very lightweight example, coming in under 7lbs and having great acoustic resonance. All of these attributes combined with an original medium output P90 make for a truly inspiring playing experience. It's perhaps the best playing example of a doublecut Junior that we've had our hands on here at the shop.
We'll say it time and time again - don't be afraid of a single-pickup guitar. This LP DC Junior has tons of range with just a twist of the volume and tone controls. Bright, cutting top end, punchy midrange, and great low end definition define these guitars, but you'll find shades of warmth, roundness, and dynamic response that make it very versatile.
The market on great 50s Juniors has exploded, and it's likely because of examples like this. If you've been longing for a great Junior to add to your stable, this '59 is it!
Priced with aftermarket form fitting hardshell case.
- Mahogany body w/ Cherry finish
- Mahogany neck w/ Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard
- 58/59 Neck Carve: .92" @ 1st fret / .98" @ 12th fret
- Pro refret and replaced nut
- Original Kluson 3-on-a-plate tuners
- MusicCity Stud Finder wraparound bridge
- Original wiring harness w/ bumblebee capacitor - tone pot shows a Stackpole manufacturing code along with the date code '922' indicating the 22nd week of 1959
- Original pickguard
- Replaced jack plate
- Original P90 pickup: 7.55k DC resistance
- Weight: 6lb 13oz