Beautiful F-4 just in, and it is a very, very good one! This instrument boasts remarkable balance and an uncommonly full-bodied clarity to single notes and chords alike. The recent refret and setup by Max Girouard deserves special mention: playability is quite good, the vintage-style frets look and feel right, and the stellar setup facilitates getting the best possible tone out of the mandolin.
This mandolin comes to us from the collection of a longtime client, and is in excellent overall condition. Note just a light imprint on the lower bout front and back from a carpenter jack-mounted pickup, as well as some spots of light wear to to the top. Flowerpot headstock, all fingerboard inlays, and the original tailpiece cover all look great.
Priced with rectangular hard case.
- Carved spruce top
- Original finish, tuners, bridge, tailpiece
- Bound body, fingerboard, and headstock
- Double-rope soundhole rosette
- Recent refret w/ vintage-style narrow fret wire
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Modern, rectangular violin-style case
- Serial number: 61755