This 1970 Fender Stratocaster brings the notion of "player grade" to an entirely different level.
With a masterful refin and refret by world-class luthier Laurent Brondel, this ash-bodied post-CBS beauty is the Hendrix Starter Kit you didn't know you needed until now. Playability mirrors that of a small shop boutique level build, with tone that is distinctively vintage in feel and response thanks to the original grey bottom pickups.
The original 3-way switch was replaced with a 5-way switch, but the remainder of the guitar's electronics are all-original, with pots that date to the earlier part of 1970. The original tremolo bridge with Pat Pend saddles works flawlessly with the vintage style repro tremolo bar.
Tone is absolutely fantastic - bright, punchy Strat tones galore. The setup is killer, and combined with those fresh frets, you can coax just about anything out of this guitar. This is about as limitless as a vintage Strat gets in terms of playability.
This "Player Grade Deluxe" Strat is primed for the player who wants unbridled vintage tone and feel in a guitar that needs absolutely nothing in order to deliver.
Priced with original hardshell case (in excellent condition).
- Original Ash body
- Pro refinish in Black nitrocellulose lacquer by Laurent Brondel
- Original 4-bolt Maple neck w/ Indian Rosewood fingerboard
- Pro refret by Laurent Brondel - Jescar 51100 wire
- Medium C neck profile: .88" @ 1st fret / .93" @ 12th fret
- Original grey bottom pickups: 5.39k Neck / 5.48k Middle / 5.42k Bridge
- Original pots with 5-way switch
- Original bridge with Pat Pend steel saddles
- Serial # 289502
- Weight: 7lb 8oz