Talk about a guitar that's hard to put down! This 1966 Fender Mustang found its way to us from a local player, and it's got all of the great characteristics of these student model electrics that have made them one of the cooler values in the vintage market.
This guitar sports the original body, neck, hardware, electronics, and plastics. It was professionally refinished by one of the Boston area's most noted techs, Jon Mouradian. Jon also performed a partial refret of the first 5 frets. It's in great playing and functioning shape while retaining much of the vibe of a totally original piece.
The medium C carve neck and short scale combined with the original single coil pickups make for a bright and chimey tone with slightly scooped midrange. Options get more expansive with the pickup slider switches that allow for some great out-of-phase tones.
Simply put, these are fun, inviting vintage guitars that pull in some strat and tele sensibilites while still offering something unique.
Priced includes original vintage export case in great condition.
- Original Alder body w/ pro Dakota/Mustang Red refin by Jon Mouradian
- Maple neck with Indian Rosewood fingerboard
- Partial refret (frets 1-5)
- Original Fender stamped tuners
- 16 APR 66 B neck stamp
- 24" Scale length Medium C neck: .85" @ 1st fret / .93" @ 12th fret
- Original Mustang pickups: 5-31-66 pencil dates
- Original electronics: pot codes partially reveal 1966 manufacturing dates
- Original pearloid guard - light wear spots on the treble side top edge
- Original Mustang bridge and bridge cover
- Weight: 7lb 6oz