Just in - gently used Collings 290 Oxblood with an aged finish and Throbaks! We sold this one new, and it comes back to us in excellent condition and ready for a new home!
The Collings 290 comes as close to capturing the vibe of a vintage Les Paul Special as we've seen in a new build - these are just awesome guitars in every regard! Don't like P90s, you say? More of a humbucker player? This guitar will have you rethinking that stance. Chime, midrange snarl, gorgeous cleans or Marshall half-stack ready overdriven tones, this guitar covers a huge range of tones. Even unplugged/sans amp this is an awesome sounding guitar. Snappy, resonant, beautiful midrange...
That old expression that "it's all in the hands"? This style of guitar shows you why that's true - they are tone machines, period. Everything you need, nothing you don't.
Priced with original hardshell case.
- Solid mahogany body & neck
- Aged nitro lacquer, oxblood
- ThroBack SB Special MXV (bridge) & Throbak '52/'54 (neck)
- Luxe Bumblebee Paper in Oil Capacitors (.022 at the bridge, .015 at the neck)
- Rosewood fingerboard w/ binding
- MojoAxe wraparound tailpiece
- 1 11/16" nut width
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Weight: 7lb 11oz
- SN 290211668