If you like your Martin Guitars light and woody, this Authentic 1931 00-18 is calling your name. The Authentics are painstakingly built by the Custom Shop using pre-War Martin methods and materials. Key among these is the use of hide glue and a T-Bar neck reinforcement in place of an adjustable truss rod. This necessitates a chunkier overall neck profile. That and the lack of a truss rod chamber adds sustain and improves tonal transmission throughout the length the of the guitar. This 00-18 is the next best thing to owning and original and comes with a much more reachable price
Condition on this 00 is excellent with no appreciable wear to body or frets. Neck is nice and straight and action is spot on.
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: 00-12 Fret
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Bracing: Scalloped X Brace
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Binding: Madagascar Rosewood
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1931
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Nut Material: Ebony
- Headplate Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Stamped on Back of Headstock
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 7/8''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 5/16''
- Back and Side Finish: Vintage Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 3/8''
- Saddle: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Brass Side Mount
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell