DescriptionThe Reserve line of Lentz guitars utilizes cabinet aged woods (25+ years is typical), lightweight one piece bodies (in this case 3.5 lbs), Brazilian rosewood fretboards made from stock dating back to 1915, pickups wound specifically for each guitar (the Jr Reserves sport a hotter bridge pickup), nitrate guards, and the electronics are carefully matched in order to achieve the best tones possible - no detail is left untouched.
What you notice immediately upon strumming your first chords is the resonance of these guitars - they feel very alive and musical in your hands even without the aid of an amp. We can't overstate the importance of the "Lentz feel" - it's everything with these guitars and impossible to pinpoint, but it's addictive and one of the reasons these guitars as so highly regarded by so many. Plugged in at rehearsal or stage volume? Stunning. 3-dimensional, nuanced, powerful tones. The tone controls work extremely well allowing you to really dial in the guitar to your rig.
Condition: Near mint. Small amount of discoloration on the pickguard surrounding the 5-way switch (very minor) and one very small indentation on the corner of the headstock.
In short, the Jr Reserve guitars are really some of the best F-style guitars we've played. Sound too good to be true? Try one. We think you'll agree. Priced with original hardshell case.
- BODY cabinet aged alder
- NECK cap neck soft-V profile, cabinet aged flame maple
- RADIUS 9.5"
- FINGERBOARD cabinet aged grained Brazilian rosewood, laminated to neck
- NUT WIDTH 1.665” .90 at the first fret
- NUT bone
- FINISH nitrocellulose lacquer
- COLOR blonde
- PICKGUARD lacquered nitrate
- PICKUPS custom Lentz low-output, neck: alnico -5 (5.66k), middle: alnico -5 (5.69k), bridge: alnico -2 (10.00k 43 gauge wire)
- ELECTRONICS 5 way switch, volume, tone, tone, precision matched potentiometers, paper + oil caps
HARDWARE Gotoh tuners, Callaham neck plate, pick guard shield
- BRIDGE Callaham vintage S model
- CASE G&G high quality case
- WEIGHT 6.90 lbs