A beauty of a CL has just come through on consignment. Behold the Oxblood Primavera!
Collings recently had access to some quality Primavera wood, a tonewood alternative to Mahogany often called White Mahogany,
This particular iteration sports a non-contoured slab mahogany body while shedding the maple top in favor of that traditional single-cut 'hog LP vibe. One might notice a slight difference in the top end without that maple, but the result is an equally pleasing bump in the low mids and midrange that seems to pair wonderfully with the clarity and bite of a great set of P90s.
If you've long dreamed of finding that City Limits with a bit more vintage feel, look, and tone combined with a uniquely awesome finish, it'd be hard to pass this one up!
Priced with hardshell case.
- Premium primavera body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Aged Oxblood finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo and parallelogram inlays
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Lollar P90 Pickups (Staple P90 in the neck, standard P90 in the bridge)
- Kluson ABR-1 Bridge and Tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- Serial No. CL201338
- Weight: 8lbs 5oz